10 Benefits of a Pilates Stability Chair Workout
This very same split-pedal chair is a featured workout and piece of equipment available here at Pain Free Posture MN. The Stability Chair is a multi-faceted piece of equipment. It can facilitate workouts for rehab clients and pilates fitness enthusiasts, all the way through to elite competitive athletes looking to maximize performance .
The Stability Chair is also ideal for individuals who need to exercise in a seated or upright position.
10 Benefits of a Pilates Stability Chair Workout:
- Powerful full body workout (increases muscular strength and endurance)
- Sculpt and tone muscles
- Improve and refine athletic performance (motor coordination and balance)
- Improve posture through scapular and lumbo-pelvic stabilization
- Rehabilitate injuries
- Works full range-of-motion of spinal mobility (flexion, extension and lateral flexion)
- Build and fine-tune core stability with unilateral and reciprocal work
- Rebalance muscle groups
- Enhance mobility
- Improves your mood and energy (it's fun!)
The Stability Chair is a multi-function machine with a great deal of adapitibility. A Pilates Instructor who is fully Certified in the Cadillac, Chair and Barrels repetorire AND Injuries and Special Populations can create workouts to train all the muscle groups while improving posture, strength and and load-joint mobility/stability.
STOTT Pilates states: "This sturdy piece of equipment helps the exerciser achieve upper- and lower-body strength and conditioning, enhance stability and improve body control. The smaller base of support and dual pedals allow for bilateral, unilateral and reciprocal movements to increase intensity and overall balance."
Do you have questions about the Stability Chair Workout? Interested in booking your own session on the chair? Please reach out and CONTACT US! We're here for you.
Posted on Thu, April 5, 2012
by Deb Preachuk filed under