Welcome 2014! I hope you've had a healthy and happy holiday season! I popped onto Facebook this morning and decided to check out my year in review.
Wow! I can truly say that 2013 was by far my busiest and most accomplished in both my personal and professional life.
It's been a great year here at Pain Free Posture MN. Thanks to our dedicated clients and fans, our community has, and continues to grow. Though the tremendous highs and some very challenging lows YOU were there to support and encourage me throughout it all. Thank you all for the love!
I'd like to take this time to thank you for giving me the opportunity to help you accomplish your health and fitness goals, heal from chronic pain, and to serve and educate for another year.
What about you? How did your year go? Have you taken the time to sit back and reflect upon it? Here's what I was up to.
1. Travel | I was off! After a 5k Commitment Day run on Jan. 1st, 2013, the travel began. Highlights included Austin, TX and Kailua, HI (respectively) for an Egoscue University meeting and Certified Posture Alignment Specialist Certification Seminar. In addition to those two trips, I also traveled to:
and my family went to Baltimore, Boston (twice), Madison, Sioux Falls, Marshall, Rome, Italy, New York City, Philadelphia, Des Moines, Cuba and Florida (again) for a variety of Cheer competitions, Speech tournaments, work engagements, and a missions trip. I think every single weekend from Jan. 1st to May 31st had someone traveling!
2. Egoscue University | In addition to my PAS1 and 2 in Hawaii, I taught another two full weekends of Egoscue University Posture Alignment Specialist Certification Level 1 and Level 2 Seminars
3. Achieving a Pain Free Life and Living | I wrote 59 new blog posts! Our most popular article in 2013 was Sciatica Pain Sucks! and my personal favorite was Live Aloha - My Postural Therapy Story Comes Full Circle.
4. Web Content | Created a Tips & Tricks page on my website, which house YouTube videos of Myofascial Release, Foam Roller, and Corrective Exercises.
5. Cut Ties | Resigned my Adjunct Instructor position at Egoscue University
6. CrossFit Seminars | Taught TWO very successful Mobilization Seminars at CrossFit Templar. One on Hip Mobility & Low Back Pain Relief and the other on Shoulder Pain Relief. I'm pleased to say there's more coming (Foam Roller for CrossFit Athletes coming on January 12th from 12-2 at CrossFit Templar - registration coming soon)
7. Social Media | Went from 500 Facebook fans in December 2012 all the way up to 724 in one year, which is quite amazing since I'm a very small fish in a very big pond!
8. Personal Workouts | Personally accomplished one of my own goals and got my Toes To Bar in CrossFit. I also increased strength in all my lifts, improved my Double Unders, and had a ton of fun while I was at it.
9. Challenges | Successfully participated in and accomplished a 90 Day Paleo Challenge and a 30 Day 100 Burpees, Sit Ups or Both Challenge
10. Certifications | To better serve my clients, I studied and successfully passed all my exams to Certifiy in TWO new corrective exercise modalities, The National Posture Institute as a Certified Posture Specialist and The BioMechanics Method as a Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist.
When I look at that list it makes me shake my head in amazement because that's just the professional and workout related components of my year! I'm also a wife of 21 years and a mom of three and this family was busy!
It was a good year, and through it all I LEARNED a lot about myself and my clients, what works, what doesn't, and most importantly what needed to go and be simplified.
2013 taught me to focus on what IS working here at Pain Free Posture MN. My schedule and some things out of my control forced me to make the tough decisions to let go of what was not. I went though my Mission Statement, Goals, Values and Philosophy, examined my mistakes and honestly shared my experience.
I allowed myself to be vulnerable in the process, and through that I was better able to see what relationships and business connections were helping me grow or keeping me down.
I said no to business connections and clients that did not match my Core Values, and as a result, at this present moment I am overhauling our website as we speak, and moving to a new web hosting company to simplify.
If you haven't taken the time to look at your 2013 in review (really the Facebook timeline does help), I encourage you to do so. Take stock of the positives. I wrote down 10 that were professional, but could have listed 50 or more.
What about you? I challenge you to list out your own 10 things that you accomplished or are pleased about in 2013. You might be amazed at all you've accomplished. The big idea is that it will allow you to examine what is working, and what isn't. What you need to to more and less of in this New Year.
For motivation read:
I'd love to hear about your year! You can post them to our Facebook Page, or leave a comment below. You never now how the simple act of sharing your story might motivate another person to a positive life change. So go ahead, and take a risk!
We are excited for all the AMAZING and AWESOME things in store for our clients and our fans in 2014. It is a privilege and an honor to be your coach, guide and instructor.
At Pain Free Posture our philosophy is to treat every client we work with, like we would treat our own family. With:
If you enjoyed this article PLEASE comment and SHARE!
Stock Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com
Head Photo Credit: Ruby and Roxy Photography
Deb Preachuk is a Chronic Pain Pain Relief, Posture Restoration and Athletic Performance Enhancement pro specializing in corrective exercise, applied biomechanics, STOTT Pilates and functional movement patterns.
Founder of Pain Free Posture MN, Deb helps real people transform real-world chronic pain challenges into achievable results. Deb infuses her teaching with an honest, open and down-to-earth mix of chronic pain relief therapeutic modalities training techniques to make the concepts of pain relief and body/mind transformation accessible and achievable!
©2018 Pain Free Posture MN.