"Strengthen your posterior chain and watch how your life changes" - Dr. Eric Goodman
A few weeks back I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Santa Barbara, CA to take my Instructor Certification in Foundation Training.
For those of you unfamiliar with the term, Foundation Training, is a safe and effective posterior chain strengthening program developed by Dr. Eric Goodman, designed to help people change movement patterns to naturally heal back pain.
I first came across FT back in 2012 when I watched an interview of developer Dr. Eric Goodman with Dr. Joseph Mercola. I was immediately captivated, as the concepts of back pain relief blended seamlessly with the teachings and modalities offered here at Pain Free Posture MN.
I read everything I could get my hands on, watched all the videos and LOVED it! From the beginning, Foundation Training was something I felt all my clients needed to add into their "preventative health care tool-box" right away.
I began adding it in to all my private sessions when appropriate, and incorporated the basic movements in my group fitness and yoga classes. EVERYONE immediately loved it because it worked! So I began my mission to get the Instructor Certification as soon as I could.
Profoundly simple, Foundation Training enables me to teach my students how to integrate the muscles in the body responsible for proper movement. Specifically those important to maintaining proper spinal length, spinal and hip stabilization, and accessing the primary support systems of the body like the gluteals and hamstrings.
By empowering my students to connect and engage to the bio-mechanical principles of muscular support, length, and strength, it empowers them to take control over how they feel in their bodies and improve in pain free movement in both activities of daily living and athletic performance.
My time in Santa Barbara was officially the BEST Instructor Certification I've ever had the privilege to attend. A wickedly smart student body representing 5 countries around the world, a non-competitive, healthy and open source learning environment was a literal and figurative breath of fresh air!
I came home completely energized, empowered and EXCITED to get official classes off the ground in the New Year. I LOVE Foundation Training's teaching and business philosophy and here are my 10 highlights from the December 2014 Instructor Certification weekend.
Highlights from FoundationTraining Instructor Certification #14
- Learning FT is completely complimentary to what we teach here at Pain Free Posture MN - NOT competitive. It's perfectly aligns with my business practice. FT does not replace anything, it is a cornerstone to your personal health and wellness. Whatever you like to do, you'll simply learn to do it better!
- FT along with all our complimentary therapeutic posture correction and pain relief programming sits in the "Sweet Spot"of Self-care, Health-care and Wellness.
- Here at Pain Free Posture MN, we teach our clients resiliency and through the use of Foundation Training and other complimentary therapeutic modalities, offer hope to those who believe that a life of chronic pain is their fate.
- Cemented my belief that soul-less business are no longer sustainable. My wariness of companies that are constantly saying "sorry, this is just business" is well founded as it does not mesh with my personal integrity and business practice. Foundation Training is a company I feel PROUD to partner with because....
- Businesses CAN have a conscience.
- Until you are positionally focused and actively working on your posture, you are NOT changing it.
- You do NOT need to be aggressive with the body to get benefits. You simply need to be continuous/consistent.
- Listen to your body and STOP over-protecting. Go opposite of the protection and learn to trust your own ability to pull yourself out of pain with the guidance and coaching of a Certified Instructor.
- Good Posture requires POWER. This power is drawn at the intersection of Mental Wellbeing, Physical Ability and Inspirational Capacity.
- My role is to facilitate YOUR ABILITY TO FIX YOURSELF!
I'm thrilled to announce that the first Foundation Training group session is set to begin 1/6/2014, with more in the works. We are also offering private sessions, and are available for workshops, intensive day long seminars and corporate education.To book your session, or schedule a workshop, seminar or intensive series for your work location, contact Deb or leave a comment below. Want to learn more or purchase your at home DVD Instructional Set? Please visit Foundation Training.
Stock Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com
Head Photo Credit: Ruby and Roxy Photography
Author: Deb Preachuk is a Corrective Exercise Specialist and the founder/owner of Pain Free Posture MN. Follow Deb on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn, or subscribe to her YouTube, Pinterest or Instagram pages.
With over 25 years in the health and wellness field, Deb helps real people transform real-world chronic pain challenges into achievable results. Deb infuses her teaching with an honest, open and down-to-earth mix of chronic pain relief therapeutic modalities training techniques to make the concepts of pain relief and body/mind transformation accessible and achievable!