Negative patterns cause the physical experience of pain and over time they have the ability to make us physically and mentally sick.
~ Dr. Caroline Leaf
Here at Pain Free Posture MN, we offer a variety of therapeutic modalities to help people successfully eliminate chronic muscle and joint pain. Corrective Exercise programming works, but it requires the person doing the therapy to CHANGE! The 3 Keys to Successfully Overcome Chronic Muscle and Joint Pain asks the client to change their
in relationship to their perception of chronic pain and the ability to heal and truly be well once again.
In my professional experience, I often find that once a person gets into the chronic pain cycle, it begins to affect every aspect of life. If you'e been in chronic pain for months or years, it takes a toll on mind, body and spirit. Self-image, confidence, relationships, work, marriage, are ALL affected.
So while my job is to help my clients put the body back together by identifying musculoskeletal compensations and dysfunctions and retraining how the body moves, here at Pain Free Posture MN we truly believe that YOU are more than just a body!
Because of this philosophy, I also encourage my clients to address the other aspects of their life that have been affected by chronic pain.
A book I frequently recommend to my clients is Who Switched Off My Brain? Controlling Toxic Thoughts and Emotions by Dr. Caroline Leaf. Dr. Leaf studies and researches the human brain and focuses on the science of thought as it relates to thinking, learning and renewing the mind, gifting and potential.
I first heard of Dr. Leaf a few years ago while watching Joyce Meyers on tv. She captured my attention right away! In fact, you could say, she got me at hello!
Her area of scientific research is the mind, body, and spiritual connection to our thoughts, actions and habits as they relate to our ability to heal from physical and emotional issues! Here's some commentary from her website about her book:
- Do you ever feel like your brain has just been “switched off”? Have you ever felt discouraged, unfocused or overwhelmed? Are there unhealthy patterns in your life or your family that you just can’t seem to break?
- A thought may seem harmless, but if it becomes toxic, it can become physically, emotionally or spiritually dangerous.
- We can see clearly how brain science lines up with Scripture – your mind can be renewed, toxic thoughts and emotions can be swept away and your brain really can be “switched on.”
- Learn how toxic thoughts are like poison and how to identify “The Dirty Dozen,” twelve areas of toxic thinking in our lives.
- Sweep away “The Dirty Dozen” by breaking the cycle of toxic thinking. Uncover how your thoughts can actually start to improve every area of your life – your relationships, your health and even your success.
Personally, I think it's a MUST HAVE for anyone in who is interested in a true commitment to total change in mind, body, and spirit. I use many concepts and teachings frequently with my own clients as well as apply it to my own self and family.
I'd love to hear from you and what you think of the book if you decide to pick it up. Please reach out an connect with me with your comments, or send me a private message. I am here to help you walk through the transition to a pain free life and living. Happy reading!
Posted on Tue, June 14, 2011
by Deb Preachuk filed under